BERKSHIRE residents have shown their caring and generous spirits by donating in droves to help people in Ukraine.
Just a few days ago, a group was set-up by a handful of people asking for donations for families and people fleeing the Russian invasion.
Since then, the incredible gesture has spiralled, with Reading Ukrainian Community Centre temporarily having to halt donations due to receiving so many.
Where can I donate to people in Ukraine?
- Reading Ukrainian Community Centre, Sidmouth Street, Reading, RG1 4QZ
- The Green Man Pub, Crowthorne Road, Bracknell, RG12 7DL
- 25 Saffron Road, Easthampstead Bracknell, RG12 7BT
- Clewer Scout and Guide Hall, Maidenhead Road, SL4 5EY
- Brakenhale School, Rectory Lane, Bracknell, RG12 7BA
- 117 Shackleton way, Woodley, Reading RG54UU
- Polish Association, Church Lane, Stoke Poges, Slough, SL2 4NZ
- A Cut Above Hair Salon, 1 Station Road, Cippenham, SL1 6JJ
- Khalsa Aid International, Unit 8 Lake End Rd, Taplow, Maidenhead SL6 0JQ
- Shinfield View Care Home, School Grn, Shinfield, Reading RG2 9EH
- The United Reformed Church Trinity Hall, 29 South St, Reading RG1 4QU
- Dunelm, Pincents Lane, Theale, Reading RG31 7SD
Thousands of donations have been pouring in from Berkshire residents to help people affected by the war in Ukraine.
What is needed?
- Thermal Blankets
- Sleeping Bags
- Pillows (covered in plastic film)
- & shower creme etc., including:
- Feminine care items such as pads, panty liners, tampons, hygienic wipes, etc.
- Antiseptic products
- Sleeping mats
- Thermos flask
- Disposable cutlery
- First aid supplies
- Baby food and milk